Monday, November 30, 2009

Johnny Law and the bridge.

Things change, oh my...now don't they?
I started out my little journey in life for another purpose. Or...so I thought of course.
Until I met Emma and her family. They changed me greatly. For the better. Much...much for the better.
I remember when I found out that Emma was a vegetarian and in fact, so was her older sister.
My young mind was extremely confused on why someone would bother so much with their diet just to avoid a little meat. Emma tried explaining to me that one person does change a lot when they make one decision that seems minuscule. Of course, that seems logical, right? Not to a thirteen year old girl that is only focused on what should be the trendiest fashion next week. When Emma and I met I was focused merely on fitting in, as of course...I never had. Therefore I tried harder. Over the years her family and their ideas rubbed off on me. Especially Emma's mother.... She influenced me on so many things and I admire her greatly. She is a woman who approaches beauty in a natural way. I was so stunned to see a woman who didn't spend hours in front of the mirror painting their face up with make up.* and please don' t get me wrong, I am not saying that make up is an evil by any means just...sometimes the concept of enhancing beauty becomes masking it ....anyhow*
What am I trying to say? Oh, I don' t know. Just like always. But really, I think I'm just realizing more and more, a little each day as to how much I love that family and how lucky I am to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment